The 28th Annual Esso Golden Ring was held January 17-19, 2014 and hosted U7 through U19 divisions. There were 175 teams in 16 different divisions including 3 NRL teams.
- In addition to the 96 Calgary teams there were 59 teams from other parts of Alberta, and 15 out of province teams.
- There were 338 Games on 451 hours of ice.
- There were 70 on-ice officials refereeing tournament games. Referee game fees for the tournament total $18,465. The cost of “importing” referees and transporting them is an additional $3000. Plus, hotel rooms are provided free of charge to all out of town officials. Transportation is also provided to out of town officials to all of their games through volunteer drivers.
- Thanks to the many volunteers from Calgary teams who filled the more than 600 volunteer slots.
- Participants in the 2014 Esso Golden Ring received a lapel pin, a souvenir poster, a pen and lip balm. In addition, coaches packages contained misc. coupons, chips, and donated items.
- Committee members accumulated 525 draw prizes for players, including 175 custom Esso Golden Ring practise jerseys so every team received 3 draw prizes.
- All U7/U9/U10 teams (38) received participation medals for their friendship series.
- The website was kept up to date with game scores all weekend.
- The tournament program was available online – click here to view it.
- On Saturday at Etwin & NES all U7 & U9 teams received their participation medals
|# of games|
|Steve Elliott||Erin Peresta|
|Shelley Geddes||Joan Hill|
|Laura Webb||John Mader|
|Anne Kokko||Karlie Beiko|
|Barb Weller||Katherine Kuyltjes|
|Charlotte Glasser||Kathie Lewis-Welsh|
|Kathy Oke||Launa Reitbauer|
|Lynnette Bogstie||Maggie LeSage|
|Marilyn Wilkinson||Patricia Yelle|
|Sarah Bateman||Shawnda Lahey|
|Stacey McNichol||Warren Kee|
|Teresa Merritt||Wendy West|