The 24th annual Esso Golden Ring was held January 16-18, 2009 and hosted Bunny through Open divisions. There were teams in 18 different divisions.
- We hosted 185 teams in 18 divisions – in addition to the 94 Calgary teams there were 64 teams from other parts of Alberta, and 26 out of province teams.
- There were 355 Games on 483 hours of ice. The ice bill was $65,000.00.
- There were 85 on-ice officials refereeing tournament games. Referee game fees for the tournament total $17,725. The cost of “importing” referees and transporting them is an additional $5000. Plus, hotel rooms are provided free of charge to all out of town officials. Transportation is also provided to out of town officials to all of their games through volunteer drivers.
- Thanks to the many volunteers from Calgary teams who filled the more than 600 volunteer slots.
- Participants in the 2009 Esso Golden Ring received a lapel pin, a souvenir poster, a pen and a cell phone charm. In addition, coaches packages contained misc. coupons, chips, and donated items.
- Committee members accumulated 470 draw prizes for players, including 185 custom Esso Golden Ring practise jerseys so every team received 3 draw prizes.
- All Bunny and Novice teams (40) received participation medals for their friendship series.
- The Hospitality Night was a big hit again this year at Cardel Place with over 500 attending. Treats included hot dogs, baby carrots, beverages and lots of fun.
- Committee Members accumulated $7213 worth of donated prizes for the Esso Golden Ring Raffle (all $10,000 tickets were sold thanks to Calgary teams).
- The EGRT again hosted NRL regular season league games at the Open AA level.
- The website was kept up to date with game scores all weekend.
|Laura Webb||Joan Hammond|
|Iveah Hutchison||Cindy Melnyk|
|Marlayne Brandsgard||Joanne Romih|
|Linda Shorter||John Mader|
|Marlene Jensen||Kari Gregory|
|Mary Pelland||Kristen Underwood|
|Sandi McNeill||Laurie Miller|
|Shawna Pollock||Lynn Richardson|
|Shelley Geddes||Lynn Robb|
|Stacey McNichol||Monica Ford|