2022 Esso GOLDEN RING
Have a question that you don’t see the answer to? Check out our FAQS page with answers to some common questions.
TOURNAMENT OUTLINE Tournament Info & Rules
- Teams will be guaranteed a minimum of 3 games, except: AS and U10 will be guaranteed 4 games. “AA” divisions of six (6) teams or less will play a full round robin (i.e. five (5) games for each team in a 6 team division).
- Games in AS and U10 will follow Ringette Calgary League Policy.
U12 & U14 will have 18 minute halves (stop time), and U16 and U19 will have 20 minute (stop time) halves.
Shot clocks will be used for tournament games in all divisions except AS and U10.
- Due to insurance regulations, all teams and players must be registered with their provincial association.
- Transportation and hotel accommodation are a team responsibility (see the website for host hotel information). We ask all teams to please patronize our host hotels as they sponsor the tournament.
- Teams must be available to play their first tournament game at the following times (guideline only-subject to change):
AS, U10, U12 ………….. 7:00 AM Friday, Jan. 14
U14, U16………………… 7:00 AM Friday, Jan. 14
U19 AA…………………… 2:00 PM Friday, Jan. 14
U19 (A&B)………………. 2:00 PM Friday, Jan. 14
- If a referee wishes to travel with your team, please include his/her name, address, phone number, email address and team affiliations with your application.
AS (Active Start) and U10:
- The format will be designed as a “Friendship Series” with no semi or final games.
- No Keely Blockers for U10 (all levels).
- When possible, small nets will be used for AS and U10 games, but due to limited locations may not always be available.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- Every effort will be made to provide teams with the best possible draw configurations. Absolutely no changes will be made to the game schedule once it is complete.
- The Game schedule will be posted on our website as soon it is complete, no later than the first week of January PLEASE be patient and allow our volunteers to enjoy the holiday season. DO NOT expect a schedule to be complete before January 1st.
- COACHES PACKAGES:
Coaches packages are available for pick up Thursday evening before tournament start. Teams not picking up packages Thursday evening must make arrangements with the control room for pick up. Control room staff will be busy once the tournament starts so your patience is required. Coaches packages will no longer be available for pick up after the end of the last game on Friday.
- MINOR OFFICIALS:
All teams are required to supply 2 minor officials (timekeeper/scorekeeper/penalty box workers) for ALL OF THEIR GAMES, except the gold medal final. Time/Score keepers will be scheduled for all gold medal finals however, teams will still need to supply penalty box attendants.
A fine of $100.00 CASH may be levied against teams who fail to provide minor officials.
- SHOT CLOCK OPERATORS:
Shot Clocks will be available at the arenas. For divisions using shot clocks (all divisions except AS and U10), for ALL GAMES, except the gold medal final, the HOME team must provide a trained Shot Clock operator. Shot Clock operators will be scheduled for all gold medal finals.